Sills & Betteridge is a firm of Solicitors based in Lincolnshire. They have seven offices in Lincoln, Boston, Coningsby, Spilsby, Gainsborough, Sleaford and Spalding. They are a general high street legal practice offering services in residential conveyancing, commercial law, family, wills trust and probate, personal injury, litigation and crime. The firm is also one of the largest firms in the East Midlands for publicly funded work.
Sills & Betteridge celebrates a quarter of a millennium in business
On 5th June 2009 the firm celebrated its 250th anniversary. To mark this achievement the partners and staff committed to completing 100 community based projects by 31st May 2010. The aim was to give something back to the community which has supported the firm (not only Sills & Betteridge but all predecessor firms) over the past 250 years.
These 100 projects included such things as:
- Sponsorship of local clubs and organisations
- Donations to local charities and appropriate organisations
- Giving up free time to assist local organisations
- Encouraging staff to volunteer to help local charities
- Arranging fund raising events
- Environmental initiatives
- Generally supporting local good causes
One specific initiative was to plant 250 trees during the year. The firm also made a particular effort to reduce its carbon footprint.
Managing Partner Rachel Maclean says “We all feel very excited about this project and how we can make changes to sustain our environment and make a difference for future generations.”